Wednesday 13 October 2010

A lesson from the iron lady

During the blur that was this evening's speed dating one of the more interesting questions I was asked was if I had an extra hour in the day what would I do with it. My not so interesting, but truthful answer, was that I'd spend it sleeping!

There are clearly more interesting things to do with an hour but I know I'd feel so much better for the extra sleep. This is why I am both envious of and bemused by those who sleep only a few hours a night and still bounce around full of beans.

One such person is Margaret Thatcher who was well known to only have 3-4 hour sleep a night. What is less well known is that she had a little help in this with regular vitamin B12 injections.

Whilst B vitamins are no substitute for sleep they can really help keep your energy up if you're feeling a bit sleep deprived. I like to supplement with extra Bs when I'm feeling tired, but it's also worth eating foods rich in b's such as wholegrains, fish and eggs (which Maggie T ate frequently).

B vits are also important for brain function so it may be helpful to up your intake when revising for or taking exams or just to help you function better at work be it working in a bank or running the country!
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment