Wednesday 24 November 2010

Being your own Mr Motivator

There's nothing like buying a new little black dress to get me on the treadmill, especially as the Christmas party season kicks off next week! But it's good motivation to keep me in the gym and off the hula hoops!

I remember reading that Gwyneth Paltrow did 1.5 hours of exercise a day whilst following a very strict low-calorie detox diet for two weeks to get 'in shape' for filming Iron Man 2. This might sound a bit extreme and impossible to stick to ... but if I was worrying about being in a blockbuster movie, rather than going to the office party, then I might find a way!

We all have our motivators and how much we're prepared to give up in terms of bad habits or unhealthy treats for the sake of our health. I know that if what I ate had no effect on my health whatsoever I'd probably live on a diet of pie, cake and champagne, but I also know how good it feels to be healthy and full of energy ... and to not have to buy a whole new wardrobe!

Whatever your goals, whether it's to look your best for a party, have the energy to keep up with your kids, be in peak fitness for a race or just to feel great, keep it in mind when you're making your choices ... I certainly would have preferred to chill out on the sofa when I got home, but by this time next week I'll be glad I hit the gym instead!

ps. I got my dress from my favourite shop Precious, near spitalfields, which has some fab dresses in at the moment and is always worth a look: www.precious-london.com
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment