Wednesday 23 February 2011

When not to do the to do list

There are some days when everyone seems to be tired ... I think it happens when there is high air pressure, but I'm no meterologist so what do I know?! (answers on a postcard please). Today was one of those days and I know I wasn't the only one to cancel evening plans in favour of a night in.

When you feel particularly tired you need to listen to your body and take a break, but when you're tired you can easily procrastinate your evening away until you end up having a late night, despite the fact you really needed an early one. You don't have the energy to do anything on your to do list ... laundry, preparing food for work, the washing up, emailing your friends ... but you feel like you can't go to bed until you've ticked off half of it.

When this happens there is only one answer and that is to accept that nothing on your to do list will get done and go to bed!!

So this evening I've canned the gym, will be buying my lunch tomorrow and will have to rummage around in my wardrobe for something that doesn't need ironing to wear to work in the morning! If you're a bit OCD you might have trouble doing this, but believe me if the washing up has to wait til tomorrow the world isn't going to end and if there's something that really needs doing then set your alarm half an hour earlier in the morning and do it when you wake ... honestly you'll thank me for it.

On that note it's time for bed ... goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment