Thursday 7 July 2011

try something new for 30 days



I am a massive devotee of Ted Talks. Partly because the wide range of subjects in bit size formats allows me to sound much more intelligent than I actually I am. But also because there are some pretty inspiring talks out there. Just go to www.ted.com and you'll see what I mean.

This one arrived on my iTunes recently.
http://www.ted.com/talks/matt_cutts_try_something_new_for_30_days.html

It's a short light hearted talk about making new habits. But the most striking thing is how right at the beginning he says it makes your life much more memorable.

I do something similar: every month I try something new. Some of my thing have included flying trapeze, circus silks, appearing in a bodypaint animation, and some interactive theatre. And these have often been the higlight of my month, and often I 've ended up incorporating it into my life.
Emilie's blogged before about getting into a food rut, but the same applies to life in general. It's easy to get into a routine and end up doing the same thing all the time.

With exercise it's well known that shaking up your routine from time to time has massive benefits as otherwise your body gets accustomed to the exercise and you don't get the same benefits.

So try something new for 30 days, or try something you've never done before.

Emilie will be back next week with her much wiser advice.

Miss Haribo

No comments:

Post a Comment