Sunday 10 June 2012

Rain delays

Normally by this point in the year I'd have done a fortnights detox to kick start spring time weight loss and get me in shape for the beach. As well as helping shift the winter flab it's also a great way to give your body some tlc with highly nutritious, easy to digest meals which allow your body to detoxify and repair.

The reason I haven't got round to detoxing yet this year is because I've been waiting for an improvement in the weather, but a third of the way into June with the rain pouring down outside I have to face the fact that I could be waiting a long time!

So from tomorrow, for two weeks, I'll be following Carol Vorderman's Detox for Life, which is a vegan, caffeine, alcohol, sugar, gluten and artificial additive free detox.

It doesn't require any fancy foods or big financial outlay but does necessitate bringing your own food into work. I'll be eating mainly rice, gluten free pasta, new and sweet potatoes for carbs, with pulses, tofu, nuts and seeds for proteins and loads of fruit, veg and water. 

I'll blog on how I'm getting on, but as I usually follow a pretty clean diet, I don't expect more than 3 or 4 days of a fuzzy head and feeling a bit tired before I start to feel the benefits.

Detox reactions can be much more severe if you eat the excluded foods on a daily basis, so it's best to do a pre-tox where you gradually cut down your intake before starting your detox rather than going cold turkey.

If you want a good thorough detox and dietary reset I recommend this one or Joshi's Holistic Detox
, which isn't vegan so might feel less severe and is a book I recommend in itself as a good manual for healthy eating as is Dr Merrell's 
The Source and change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment