Friday 22 June 2012

Sexy snacking

I may blog but I'm no tweeter .. mainly because I can't think of anyone who'd want to know my every thought, and also because I'm not sure I want to divulge the tweet level of personal info!

Still most celebrities don't have such qualms and provide both inane and entertaining thoughts and facts throughout their day ... I wonder what James Joyce would have made of it!

Nigella Lawson tweeted yesterday as she snacked: "Lying in bed eating rye toast topped with hazelnut butter and squares of dark, dark chocolate". She may or may not have been alone!

If you've ever seen her cook, you'll know that Nigella can make any food sexy, but her charms used to be reserved for her totally indulgent and unbelievably unhealthy recipes (I remember watching her once cook a pork joint in a whole 2 litres of coca cola!).

Still, thanks to her decision to eat healthily in order to lose some weight, I'm delighted to see she still hasn't lost her love for food and manages to make this low GI snack, rich in essential fats, phytoestrogens, fibre and antioxidants sound like a luxuriant treat, and to be fair it would be delicious.

Healthy food doesn't have to be dull or tasteless as Nigella has shown, and with a bit of thought most food c an be sexed up without making it deadly. Adding fresh herbs, spices, a grind of fresh pepper, fresh fruit, nuts and dried fruits to snacks (not all at the same time) can usually lift them to another level taste wise.

Let's hope Nigella's inspired enough to bring out a new healthy recipe book.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment