Thursday 5 July 2012

Amino action

A supplement I should have included in yesterdays blog on making life easier is Tyrosine.

Tyrosine is an amino acid, so a component of protein, that is used to make dopamine, the neurotransmitter that makes you feel motivated.

Not only can tyrosine therefore help with general motivation to make positive healthy changes or to be physically active, but it can also help improve mood reducing the likelihood of comfort eating.

I personally find that if I take it regularly I don't get the usual carb cravings that I get if I'm stress or tired.

5-HTP is another neurotransmitter precursor that also may be indicated by carb cravings and sleep disturbances.

Certainly for anyone with unhealthy anxiety or comfort eating habits, a targeted amino acid supplement can help naturally break those habits without having to exercise huge amounts of will power.
------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment